Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Why College Graduates Should Volunteer

So I know I have been focusing a lot on careers lately, but that is only because I have been majorly focused on finding one myself these last couple months! I know I did promise a fun blog full of different things to do after graduation so today I want to talk about volunteering.

Volunteer in Kenya. Read all about it on this blog!
Photo Credit: Megan Brink
There are an endless amount of volunteer opportunities both in the U.S. and abroad and what better time to volunteer than right after college while you're still young and have zero obligations. No mortgage, a family, or a job to worry about yet. How easy would it be to just take off and go?

Volunteering is a very fulfilling experience no matter what you do and down the road when you finally do decide to settle down and focus on a career it would be something great to put on a resume or talk about during an interview.

Of course, you can choose to do volunteer work while still focusing on a career, but I think it would be awesome to potentially go abroad and do volunteer work. There are tons of organizations and programs that you can find to go basically anywhere in the world!

So make sure you come back to the blog this week as I focus on some wonderful volunteer opportunities for college grads!

No comments:

Post a Comment