Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Books, Books, Books: Reading Recommendations for College Students

The other day I was talking to my friend about interviews (more like panicking about them as she tried to tell me to breathe- it would all be ok). Anyway, my friend is someone who has been through plenty of interviews, so I asked her to share the most unexpected or weird question that she'd ever been asked in an interview.

To this question she replied that she was once asked, "What is your favorite book?"

Many of us don't anticipate questions like these during an interview. We expect to be asked the typical questions like "what is your greatest strength" and "what is your greatest weakness." You get the jist. We don't expect to be confronted with such personal and off-the-chart questions.

So in honor of this question I was inspired to do a blog post about books! I am a total bookworm and I am so excited to share good reads with all of you! Here are a few of my top favorites along with some that have been recommended to me and are on my "To Read" list.

This is one of my favorites, but read any book by her. I promise you won't be disappointed!
Such an unexpected twist at the end!
On my to read list, a non-fiction story about life in the Mumbai slums.
Another one that has been highly praised. A book about a  couple who makes a choice that changes the rest of their lives.

I would love to hear what are some great books you've read! What about these books inspired and moved you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment